Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

I just finished my first day back with the kids after a great weekend away. I went to St George on our annual Lawrence girl's trip with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. It was a great time, as it is every year. We found an old house to rent this year and we all had our own rooms. It was nice, although I did miss staying up really late talking with my room-mate Lissa, but I didn't miss the snoring we used to hear all around us because these rooms were nicely spaced! I ended up going to bed earlier than usual and missed out on the serious mischief and laughter! I guess it's the pregnancy because I was so tired and had to go to bed when I am usually able to stay up. Oh well. Next year I'll be there till all hours of the morning with them!
I was excited to be back home. I got home after the kids were in bed, so I was able to get them up this morning. Scotty gave me a huge hug and was excited to give me the big chocolate bar they had bought and the welcome home card he had made. It was so cute! Grant just stared at me with a cute little smile and then cuddled on my shoulder after I picked him up. I was happy to be home with them again. I was super tired by the time Scotty went to preschool though. I think my body got used to hanging out for a few days and was rebelling against being active again! I did get to rest with Scotty after preschool. He was really sad and said he didn't want to go to school. Miles said he cried on the way there and said he wanted to stay home. We figured he was sad to be leaving me and just wanted to stay home with me. He was fine by the time he took his coat off and went in to sit next to Urban. When he picked him up Scotty asked Miles if Mommy was gone and Miles reassured him that I was at home waiting for him. When he got home he sat on my lap for the longest time and I loved every second of it! Then he laid down on the couch and said he was tired and wanted to rest, so I joined him. Grant woke up and was happy to play by us coming over every once in a while to give me a hug. I'm such a lucky Mom! After an hour and a half I was thinking it was strange that Scotty was still just laying on the couch and a few minutes later noticed he was falling asleep. I went over to wake him up and he felt really hot. I took his temperature and he had a fever! I asked him if he felt ok or if he hurt anywhere and he said no and that he felt ok and was just tired. I don't know what's going on with him since he doesn't seem to have any symptoms of anything except the fever and being tired. I don't like having sick kids! Especially something like this where I have no idea what is happening and don't know what to do for him. I'll just watch him and enjoy the very, very rare snuggliness while it lasts!
And ps: I am also very happy to be with Miles again! He's the best husband and father and did so much while I was gone. I really missed him and was happy we were able to spend a quiet evening together the night I got home.


Mark said...

Hey Lori,
We definitely will have to reschedule our late night conversations!!! Just kidding. It was tons of fun.

john - and - aim said...

You are one lucky Mom :) Glad you had fun with the girls...