Friday, January 1, 2010

2009

This is a little long, but it's fun to take a look back on the year and remember things. I love to read other's so if you haven't already do one for yourself on your blog!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Rode in a helicopter.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm pretty sure I didn't, but I don't remember. I'm not a big resolution maker. I pretty much know I won't keep them and I don't want to disappoint myself!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me!! My friend Jenny.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit? None- I did make it out of Utah a couple times though.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Uninterrupted sleep!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 12- the day Collin surprised us by being born 6 weeks early.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmm...taking all 3 kids somewhere by myself!! Breastfeeding Collin is a big achievement this year. I had such trouble with the other two and I was glad to be able to have this experience with Collin.

9. What was your biggest failure? Stopping my exercise routine. I only did it steadily for a few weeks but I was doing better than I had ever before.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the flu. It sucked.

11. What was the best thing you bought? The Roomba!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mother in law, Geri. When Lissa went to the hospital she stepped up and started taking care of everything- Mark, his 3 kids, keeping family and friends updated on Lissa's progress, Mark and Lissa's house, coordinating everyone who wanted and needed to help. She is amazing and we're so lucky to have her.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Nobody I know personally.

14. Where did most of your money go? Regular bills- mortgage, groceries, etc. And, until they betrayed us and closed the Tooele store, Bajio!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Grant saying ma ma.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Single Ladies. The best use of Single Ladies in 2009 was the Glee episode where Kurt auditioned for the football team. Classic.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner- I was 6 months pregnant this time last year.
c) richer or poorer? Same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas? At home with Miles and the boys in our pj's.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? With another little, tiny man- Collin.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Only one?? Impossible to narrow it down! The Office, Survivor (didn't you love the last season??), The Biggest Loser, Glee, Modern Family, The Middle, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives...I could go on. I have a slight tv addiction!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone. That is a strong word. There are some people who annoy me though.

24. What was the best book you read? Geri lent me a series about a group of pioneer widowed women going west. I can't remember the name of the series, but it was good. I didn't read too much this year and I missed it.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't really listen to much music anymore. It makes me sad when I think about it.

26. What did you want and get? A healthy baby- after a shaky start.

27. What did you want and not get? Sleep!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Saying this quietly- Star Trek!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33 and I went to dinner with Miles and had chocolate pie with the kids.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Casual- very, very casual.

31. What kept you sane? Chocolate and tv.

32. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare

33. Who did you miss? My sister and her family. I'm glad I got to visit them and she got to come visit me this year. Two of my sisters in laws, Michelle & Mel, and their families moved this year and I miss them very much.

34. Who was the best new person you met? I'm racking my brain tying to think of anyone new I met this year!! That's what happens when you are a hermit.

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Who needs sleep?  
Well, you're never gonna get it.  
Who needs sleep?  
Tell me what's that for?  
Who needs sleep?  
Well, you're never gonna get it.
Be happy with what you're getting.  
There's a guy who's been awake since the second world war.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute